About the course
Courses are being run as follows:
- 10:00 - 12:00, Tuesday 24th October 2023
Please follow the screens to book.
This is a cycle training course specifically targeted at adults who have recently learnt to ride, or who have not ridden on roads for a while, and would like to learn more about the best way to ride on quieter roads.
The course will begin with an update to the Highway Code and how it is relevant for cyclists. Following this, riders will be coached by Surrey County Council Cycling Instructors on the four core functions that underpin cycle training:
• Understanding Priorities
Surrey County Council Cycling Instructors are training to the National Standard .
The course will take riders from the meeting point into local roads around the area with instructors coaching riders on best practice and cycling skills when on out on their bikes. The format of the course may alter according to the skills and requirements of the riders.
The instruction will consist of demonstrations, conversations and coaching.
Where does the training take place?
The training will take place within a dynamically risk-assessed training area.
The course will last for approx. two hours. Please meet the instructors at the Spelthorne Leisure Centre.
What should I bring?
Please bring a water bottle and a rucksack to carry it in. We recommend wearing high visibility clothing appropriate for the weather and a cycling helmet.
Due to a grant from Active Travel England, we are able to offer a 100% discount for any adult cycle training until March 2024. Please email email@example.com to request the code for the course you would like to attend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please look at our FAQ page if you have any questions, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
Important Information before you book
Are you aged under 18?
This course is for adults aged 18+. Please visit our course listings page and discuss with an adult which course would suit you best.
General terms and conditions
- Cycles must be in good working order. The Instructor will not be able to train anyone on a cycle that is unsafe.
- Our Instructors are authorised to make minor adjustments to your cycle with the rider's consent, such as adjusting saddle height, but they are not cycle mechanics and will not repair bikes.
- You accept that the Instructor may at any time refuse to continue training a rider whose behaviour is deemed to be unsuitable.
- You will not be entitled to a refund if you do not attend a training session you have booked. Refunds will be considered for individual circumstances.
- Personal information you supply is confidential and we will not disclose it to any other organisation. Please read our privacy statement.
Please tick all the following before continuing: